Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Foodies, I need your help

A couple nights ago, I made a dish called "Chicken Romanoff." It was decent, but missing something. I can't for the life of me figure out what that something might be. This is where you come in. Any suggestions how to improve this recipe will be greatly appreciated.

5 cups medium egg noodles

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 2% cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon onion flakes (I used finely diced onion)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I used some minced garlic)

1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Cook noodles in boiling salted water in large uncovered saucepan or Dutch oven for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender but firm. Drain. Return to same saucepan.

Add next 9 ingredients. Stir. Transfer to greased 3 quart casserole.

Sprinkle with second amount of Cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, in 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes until heated through.

5 comments:

Ruth Strong said...

I'd maybe add some oregano, just feels like there's a herb missing.

~Amber~ said...

I would also suggest adding in some herbs. Maybe some parsley, basil, and/or oregano.

Ms. Foodie said...

How about some sort of veggie?

deLa said...

it definately needs herbs. rosemary is always good with chicken.

when i feel the need to just add a lil extra something to my bland dishes, i almost always reach for the ground red pepper. but i am in love with spicy foods. if you arent then dont take my advice :)

Unknown said...

I would change the sour cream to cream cheese. That would give the extra bite you are missing.