Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Grilled Wings

One of my favorite restaurants in the twin cities, Khan's Mongolian Barbeque, has these really great chicken wings. I've wanted to try to replicate them for years but could never find a copycat recipe for the marinade. Finally, at the suggestion of my husband, I decided to just look through my fridge and pantry and try to come up with a similar combination. We grilled them, and they were fantastic, but I'm sure they would be great baked or fried, too.


Grilled Chicken Wings
Serves 2-3
Prep Time - 5 minutes
Inactive time - at least 2 hrs
Cook Time - 10-12 minutes

INGREDIENTS
10-12 chicken wings
4 TBSP soy sauce
3 TBSP teriyaki sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper

DIRECTIONS
Combine all ingredients, soy sauce through pepper in a zip-lock bag. Add chicken wings and make sure the marinade coats them all. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.

Preheat the grill and cook the wings about for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.

Serve as either an appetizer or a main course.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

After seeing the ingredients in them marinade, I can see why you wanted to recreate it. Good job cooking by intuition! It's always fun to challenge yourself.