Sunday, January 4, 2009

Raspberry Streusel Muffins

I'd been thinking about making something with the raspberries I have in my freezer for quite a while now. Finally, I decided today was the day, and I decided on making some raspberry streusel muffins. I wish I had an interesting story to tell about them, but I don't. They're just really pretty, and really good. The streusel topping gives it that little something extra that most raspberry muffins are missing.



Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens, adapted

Makes 12 muffins


INGREDIENTS
1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
Streusel topping, recipe below

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare muffin tins.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the middle and set aside.

In another bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. The batter will be a bit lumpy.

Fold in the raspberries.

Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, about 2/3 full. Top with the streusel topping. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden. Cool in the muffin tins on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing.

Streusel Topping
In a small bowl, combine 3 TBSP flour, 3 TBSP packed brown sugar, an 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Cut in 2 TBSP butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

3 comments:

Kristina R. said...

Yum, another amazing sounding muffin recipe for me to try. And with streusel to boot.

annie said...

Mmm, those look awesome!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great recipe and looks delicious!