Monday, October 20, 2008

Spaghetti Aglio Olio

In keeping with the theme of "clean out the fridge," I decided to make us Spaghetti Aglio Olio as a side to tonight's Parmesan Chicken. I love that Aglio Olio is simple, with only a few ingredients, and only about 10 minutes of cooking time, but is packed with flavor. I decided to kick it up a notch by adding red pepper flakes.



Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Serves 4 (0r 8 as a side dish)

Cook Time - 15 minutes


INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6-8 cloves garlic, minced
1-4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
coarse salt
1 lb Spaghetti
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Cook spaghetti to al dente. Drain & set aside.

In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium low heat. Add garlic & pepper flakes. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant.

Toss spaghetti with the garlic oil and add the parsley. Season with salt, to taste. I like to top it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Serve as a main dish or along side your favorite entree.

5 comments:

Kristina R. said...

This was my favorite pasta dish when I worked at an Italian restaurant. I love how easy it is to make.

annie said...

Mmm, and all the real Italian people I know do really make this! Your recipe looks awesome.

Nicole said...

This looks easy and so fresh and tasty.

Nicole said...

Mmmm, so simple and tasty!

Michele said...

My grandmother always made this! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog because I love yours!