Sunday, October 14, 2007

Three Cheese Pasta

This week was really cold. So, it was time to try some of the heavier, baked pastas. I printed off this recipe from www.allrecipes.com a while ago and it reminded me of a baked ziti I made a while ago - but we both liked this recipe better.


Three Cheese Baked Pasta
Recipe from www.allrecipes.com (my changes noted)
Prep Time - 20 min -Cook Time 30 min
Serves 12

INGREDIENTS
1 pound uncooked pasta (I used about 2/3 lb of rotini)
1 pound ground beef (I used 1/2 lb)
1 onion, chopped (I used about 1/4 of a really big onion)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
6 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce (I used my homemade - about 4 cups)
6 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream (I used about 1 cup)
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (I didn't measure)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't measure)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain.
  2. Meanwhile, cook ground meat, garlic, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned. Stir in pasta sauce, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. (I think I did about 10)
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer the ingredients in the prepared baking dish as follows: (thin layer tomato sauce), half of the cooked pasta, all the provolone cheese, all the sour cream, half of the sauce mixture, remaining pasta, mozzarella cheese, and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
*I served this with a garlic bread made from Texas Toast*



1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love me some pasta!