I've been meaning to post this for a while. I made stuffed shells last weekend and froze them to cook during the week. I found this recipe in a cook book a while ago and I like it because, unlike most recipes for stuffed shells I've come across, this one doesn't use ricotta cheese. I usually half the recipe because it's huge.
Cheese & Chicken Stuffed Shells
24 Uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1/2 lb shredded chicken (the original recipe called for ground beef)
1 jar Pasta Sauce (I use my own)
1/4 cup Water
1 1/2 cups Shredded 6 cheese Italian cheese Blend (be generous)
1/2 container (4 oz) Onion & chive cream cheese
1/2 container (4 oz) regular cream cheese
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
1. Heat oven to 350°. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
2. In 10 in skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Do not rinse. Cool slightly.
3. In large bowl, mix pasta sauce and water. Pour 1 cup of the pasta sauce mixture in bottom of ungreased 9x13 inch glass baking dish. In Medium bowl, mix cheese spreads, 1 cup of the Italian Cheese, the Parmesan Cheese, egg and shredded chicken. (use your hands).
4. Spoon heaping tablespoon mixture into each shell. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over top. Cover with Foil.
5. Bake 40 to 45 min or until bubbly and cheese filling is set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese. Bake 10 mins longer or until cheese is melted.