Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Angel Chicken

I'm not sure why this is called Angel Chicken. I got this recipe a while ago from a friend that said she got the recipe from allrecipes.com. The combination seems a little weird, but it's very tasty.

Angel Chicken Pasta
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 cup butter
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup white wine
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 oz chive cream cheese
1 lb egg noodles

DIRECTIONS
In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add dressing mix and mix together. Add wine and bring to a boil. Keep at low boil for a couple minutes to burn off the alcohol.

Reduce heat. Add soup and cream cheese and whisk together. Let simmer.

Meanwhile, cook chicken and cut into strips. Add to the sauce mixture and stir. Simmer, covered.

While simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and add to sauce, mix together so noodles are covered and cook for another couple minutes to complete pasta cooking.

2 comments:

monica said...

Hey you have a food blog too! Sorry it took so long for me to even realize... I hadn't updated my blog in ages! New posts have arrived, including my responses for the blog-tag. I'll have to try your cookie recipe sometime - I'm always on the lookout for a good one! Hope all is well. Much love, Monica.

Brooke said...

I'm tagging you! ;) See my blog!