Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers

A while ago, I made Chicken Parmesan burgers and they were fantastic. So, when I saw this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu burgers, I had high hopes. They did not disappoint. In fact, I think I may have liked them better.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers
Recipe by Rachael Ray, adapted
Serves 4
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cook Time - 15 minutes

INGREDIENTS
2 tsp olive oil
4 slices deli ham or Canadian bacon
1.25 lb ground chicken breast
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp grill seasoning (or salt & pepper)
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 slices deli cheese (I used Muenster)
4 Kaiser rolls, toasted
garlic mayonnaise

DIRECTIONS
Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat and place the oil in the pan.

Combine the chicken, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, shallot, and garlic. Form the meat into 4 patties.

Put the patties into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.

Top the patties with the ham and the cheese.

Put under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly.

Put the mayo on the buns and then top the burger with any other desired condiments.

2 comments:

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

I love burgers and chicken cordon bleu so this is a win for me. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Joanne said...

I've always wanted to make these rachel ray burgers! They look delicious.