Sunday, April 25, 2010

Croissant Panini

Another day, another sandwich. I swear, I do eat more things than sandwiches lately. I hope you like this one. It's really rich and great if you need something comforting at the end of a long day.

Croissant Panini
Recipe by Giada de Laurentiis, adapted
Serves 4


INGREDIENTS
4 croissants
4 ounces Gouda, grated (about 1 1/3 cups)
8 teaspoons grated Parmesan
16 slices Genoa salami
8 slices ham

DIRECTIONS
Heat a panini grill. Place about 1/3 cup gouda on each croissant. Sprinkle with 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese. Top each side with about 3-4 slices salami and 1-2 slices of ham. Put the top of the croissant on each sandwich and grill the panini until the cheese melts, about 3 to 4 minutes. (I don't have a panini press so I used my grill pan and placed a heavy skillet on top of the sandwiches. I grilled for about 3 minutes per side).

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Sandwiches are delicious and so versatile. I love that this is made with a croissant! That makes it extra fun.