Monday, March 23, 2009

Taco Soup

I've noticed that a lot of my posts seem to reference the weather. Well, this post isn't going to be any different. On Friday, it was chilly and rainy outside, so I decided to make a chicken taco soup in my slow cooker and pair it with nice, cheesy quesadillas. It hit the spot. We were both very pleased with the results and wouldn't hesitate to make it again.



Chicken Taco Soup
Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS
2 chicken breasts, cooked & cut into small chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1-2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) can hot & spicy chili beans
4 cups tomato juice
1 (1.25 oz) packet taco seasoning
Sour cream, for garnish
shredded cheese, for garnish

DIRECTIONS
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

Ladle into bowls and garnish as desired.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

It's amazing how much the weather really can influence what we crave. Soup and stews are definitely necessary for chilly days!

Nicole said...

Well there really is nothing like soup on cold rainy days! Sounds good to me. I love all Mexican flavors.

Karen Harris said...

Your recipe for baked ziti looks delicious. I love your choice of recipes.