Monday, February 9, 2009

Guacamole

Up until about a year ago, I was convinced that I hated guacamole. There was just one problem with that opinion - I hadn't actually ever tried guacamole. Whenever it came on my plate at Mexican restaurants, I'd scrape it off or just ignore that weird looking green blob. At Chipotle, I'd simply pass on the guacamole option.

Then, one day it dawned on me that despite my belief that I hated the stuff and continual passing it up in restaurants, I hadn't ever eaten it. About six months later, I finally broke down and bought some. I was pleasantly surprised.

I hope you enjoy this guacamole recipe. I'll probably make it a little spicier then next time I make it, but overall, it's excellent and simple to make.


Guacamole
Serves 4-ish

INGREDIENTS
2 small Hass avocados, peeled & pitted
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped
1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)

DIRECTIONS
Mash up avocado with a fork.

Add lime juice and blend together.

Add all other ingredients and stir until well-combined.

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love guacamole and its one of my favorite dips!

Joanne said...

Guacamole is really one of the best things the world has to offer. So glad you tried it!

test it comm said...

I also recently discovered avocados and guacamole and now I can't get enough.

Jack said...

Hey there Elizabeth!I think that you do really wonderful job at your blog and it has been a source of joy and guidance for me over the time,so thank you so much!