Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Laughing Cow Chicken

I'm making a sincere effort to clean out the kitchen. We're moving soon, and I don't really want to haul a bunch of food over to the new place. It'll do us good, anyway. I'm discovering we have a lot of random stuff. When I was at work today, I wanted something with chicken. So, I got home and started looking through the kitchen. Chicken breasts? Check. What can I do with them.... stuff them, I thought. The Laughing Cow wedges I had sitting in the fridge looked like they were eager to stuff some chicken breasts. So there we go... now what exactly to do with them? I decided to lightly bread them, pan fry them a little, then finish them off in the oven. I'm quite proud of the results. We both gave this rave reviews.



Laughing Cow Chicken
Serves 2

Total Cook & Prep Time - 45 min


INGREDIENTS
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
4 wedges Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese, softened
cooking spray
1/2 cup bread crumbs
dash dried parsley flakes
dash grated Parmesan cheese
Olive oil

DIRECTIONS
Lay each chicken breast flat. Spread 2 wedges of cheese on each (feel free to adjust for your size chicken breasts or desired level of cheese). Roll up and seal with toothpicks.

Meanwhile, mix together the bread crumbs, parsley flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.

Spray the chicken rolls with cooking spray and dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture. I found it easiest to do this by spraying the tops while sitting on the tray I rolled them on, then dipping that half in bread crumbs, then spraying the other side and rolling the chicken over. I'm sure you could do a regular breading technique, but this was much easier and quicker.

Heat a couple tsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear on all sides. Transfer to a baking dish or cookie sheet and bake 15-25 min, depending on the size of your chicken breasts and how long you cooked them in the pan. Mine took about 20 min.

Remove toothpicks and serve!

2 comments:

annie said...

What a fun idea! Very creative.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum! I made something similar for my Stock the Freezer event back in January that my friends enjoyed! Isn't Laughing Cow cheese the best?!