Sunday, July 8, 2007

Simple Foods

I like to tease my husband that he's an easy man to please - his 3 favorite meals I make take less than 20 min to put together. Those 3 are: Chicken Nachos, Chicken Parmesan, and Chicken Puffs with Cheesy Hashbrowns. This weekend, I made a huge pot of Marinara sauce, so he requested Chicken Parmesan. I've been told that Chicken Parmesan isn't a traditional Italian recipe, but it tastes good, so I don't care.

Chicken Parmesan (my recipe)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded just a bit
Bread crumbs
A few shakes Italian seasoning
A few shakes grated Parmesan cheese
Shredded (or sliced) Mozzarella cheese
Marinara sauce
spaghetti noodles, cooked to al dente
2-3 TBSP Olive Oil, for frying

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat Olive Oil in medium skillet.

Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Dredge chicken breasts in the bread crumb mixture and pan fry until chicken reaches 160 degrees in the thickest part.

Transfer chicken to baking sheet and top with Mozzarella. Bake for about 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted & bubbly.

Meanwhile, heat up marinara sauce and cook noodles to al dente. Drain noodles and put on a plate. Top with marinara sauce.

After cheese is bubbly, transfer to the plate and put it on the bed of spaghetti and enjoy!

No comments: